Rosemary at Queens Park Books



Hear the remarkable World War II escape story of Hampstead-born Rosemary Say told her daughter, Julia Holland and son-in-law, Noel Fursman who grew up in Kilburn – he was born just couple of streets away from Queens Park Books.

'' I had decided earlier in the year that I had to do something different and redical that would being set for me. But what? It wasn't until early that autumn, walking over Hampstead Heath one bright, cold afternoon with my school friend Peggy, that I decided exactly what I would do.

'I'm going to live abroad' I declared.

Little did Rosemary know on that fateful day on Hampstead Heath that her trip abroad would lead her imprisonment in, and escape from, two Nazi internment camps.

Join us at Queens Park Books for drinks and nibbles

7:30 – 9.00

Wednesday 6th April 2011